We have over 90 years of combined Human Resource and Risk Management Experience. Your Team is composed of:
Todd Larrabee – President
Todd Larrabee, President of Employer’s Guardian, LLC., started his career by earning a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resources. As the Northern California and Nevada Director of Operations for Target Stores he participated in the Company’s evolution from a regional player to a national powerhouse. He joined CompUSA during the technology boom, was selected to participate in a one year senior executive development program piloted by IBM, and was promoted to the Director of Business to Business sales and service for the Northwest. He negotiated contracts with organizations a diverse as HP, the U.S. Navy, and the city of San Francisco.
He founded Employer’s Guardian with a few key partners in 2005. He used the senior executive skills developed over the decades to support the goals of his clients. Today the Company provides Human Resources, Employee Management, OSHA, and Workers’ Compensation Claims Administration support to more than 2,000 employees across the west.
Jenny Nguyen – Director of Human Resources
Jenny started her career after earning her Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, with a concentration in Human Resources from Sacramento State University. In pursuit of furthering her education and passion for a rewarding career in Human Resources, she went on to earn her Masters of Business Administration from Sacramento State University, and her Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification. She has spent the last 7+ years in management and consultative HR roles with companies of all sizes, providing advice and counsel to management and business owners. Her pragmatic and proactive approach has helped clients reduce the risk of potential wage and hour claims, harassment complaints, and other employment-related nightmares that could result from inconsistent, non-compliant practices. Jenny specializes in employee relations issues such as performance management, wage and hour compliance, recruitment and retention, progressive discipline, and handling employee grievances. Her proactive approach not only minimizes employment risk and protects companies from costly claims, but also helps employers by implementing policies and systems that foster a fulfilling, productive work environment.
Key areas of risk and unnecessary expenses that have been reduced for our clients include:
- Protecting UI Reserves accounts through strategic terminations by effectively documenting progressive discipline, thus saving clients thousands of dollars each year
- Mitigate risks for potential wage and hour claims by implementing compliant pay practices and policies
- Mitigate risks for potential discriminatory claims by providing training for managers, and creating policies that protect company interest
- Increase employee productivity by addressing performance issues that could ultimately effect employee morale and profitability
- Provide recruitment support by posting jobs and reviewing resumes to fulfill staffing needs to clients
- Train leaders on managing performance expectations, and holding employees accountable to company standards
- Conduct thorough investigations to prevent liabilities that could result from discrimination or wrongful termination claims
Leveraging his expertise and leadership abilities, John now serves as Employer’s Guardian’s Director of Business Development. He brings a focused collection of skill sets to Employer’s Guardian. John started his career with a Bachelors of Science degree in Industrial Technology from California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo, Ca. with an emphasis in Industrial Training. Continuing his passion for education and excellence, John committed to and received his Masters of Business Administration from Saint Mary’s College of California in Moraga, Ca.
With over ten years of management experience, John brings substantial sales & marketing, organizational behavior, and business strategy knowledge to Employer’s Guardian and its clients. Managing a $20MM division within a $5.2B industrial distribution company, John led his division to achieve a 29.8% CAGR in nine years through innovative marketing and business strategies, including acquisition analysis and integration.
John possesses the ability and aptitude to speak to all levels of business. When assessing an owner’s status with labor laws, including OSHA compliance, John uses integrity to determine the risks and present potential solutions.
Aaron Smith – Vice President of Client Service
As a Certified Safety Professional and Human Resource Executive with seventeen years of experience, Aaron has collaborated with employers to design and administer safety programs that dramatically reduce injuries and control the cost of claims.
Key areas of relief brought to clients by our Risk Management Department include:
Custom Safety Plans:
- User friendly plans
- Protect Employees
- Demonstrate Compliance
- Documented ability to reduce WC costs
- Administration of Safety Program
- Regular safety audits to ensure your program is active and compliant and potential OSHA violations are corrected
- User friendly training modules to ensure your staff is trained to OSHA Standards
- Drug Testing Administration to ensure compliance, avoidance of discrimination risks, and cost savings through bulk discounts
- Industrial truck Certifications
- Workers’ Compensation
- Complete management of WC claims from initial investigation and injury treatment to ongoing follow ups and claims adjuster accountability
- Development of modified job descriptions that reduce claims cost and brings productivity to the employer
- Performance management of employees on WC Claims who are being uncooperative
- WC Audit facilitation to minimize mis-classifications and final audit bills
- WC Policy renewal assistance and broker relations
April Andrade, CPP – Payroll Manager
April joined Employer’s Guardian LLC’s leadership team in 2016 as the Payroll Manager. She currently maintains the Certified Payroll Certification, CPP, through the American Payroll Association. She began her Payroll career in 2004 with an Associate’s Degree in Accounting. Her background includes Payroll, Tax, Money Movement, Multi-state setups and calculations, Reporting and Compliance, as well as Management experience.
She has a talent for resolving out of balances and finds effective professional manners for leading her team. With her familiarity of state and government regulations she ensures her staff and clients maintain regulations when reporting wages to all agencies.
While there are many facets involved with Diane’s role at Employer’s Guardian, her primary responsibilities include managing our budgeting, tax compliance, IT, A/R, A/P, payroll, and client billing processes, as well as consulting for our Payroll Department, record keeping, and special projects. Her past roles include critical positions with local city government and educational organizations, including Rocklin Unified School District and the Placer County Office of Education, together with support services to the Placer County Board of Education.
Diane holds a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Accounting, with a minor in Human Resources, along with a number of other degrees and certifications. She brings seventeen-plus years of experience in business and a unique set of skills that afford consistent, high-quality, and knowledgeable support and service to staff and clients alike. These include nine-plus years of complex payroll and benefits management responsibilities; supporting accounting, budgeting, auditing, and simultaneous cost control and compliance needs of Charter Schools; managing workers’ compensation claims; STRS/PERS reporting responsibilities; project management and client implementation; systems training; development of policies and regulations; legislative compliance; staff development and training; systems development, implementation, and maintenance; strategic planning; and effectively handling a broad range of other Human Resource and Administrative responsibilities.
Her experiences have developed a competent, strong foundation for supporting organizations and employers proactively, reliably, and effectively. Combined with her elite organizational skills, she specializes in handling a multitude of responsibilities with ease while providing exemplary services in a timely manner. These abilities enable Employer’s Guardian to maintain and operate efficiently and effectively to provide unparalleled client support which fosters confidence, satisfaction and long-term relationships.